[vdr] Re: OT: how to run Fsck automatic ?

Axel Gruber wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just a short question:
>
> Sometimes - realy sometimes - my VDR stopīs working the whole Linux freeze and the only
> way is a hardreboot.
>
> But then i allways have to connect a Monitor and a Keyboard to this machine wich
> stay in the living-Room to "press Y" at FSCHK and if the filesystem fuck up completly i have
> to rund fsck manually. (EXT2)

man e2fsck

> Is there any way to modify the config-Files of my machine to do this automatic ?

Change your boot scripts so that all lines that use fsck use now e2fsck
ang give it the additional parameter "-y".
IMHO not a good idea, better change to a journalling FS.

> PS: I donīt want to change to EXT2, XFS, RaiserFS,.....

Hmm, why not EXT3?
It's just about compiling support for it into the kernel, running
'tune2fs -j /dev/hdX' once for every partition you have (you can do this
while they are mounted/in use) and changing /etc/fstab. After a reboot
you won't have those problems and you will never have to wait for a fsck
anymore. It's really easy - and absolutley safe.

Cheers,
Juri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index