[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.6

On Monday 05 August 2002 18:27, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Andreas Schultz wrote:

[...]

> Have you even tried yet whether doing the whole processing in PlayVideo()
> would work? Just set up a local audio and video buffer, copy the data that
> comes in into these and, as soon as you have enough data, process it and
> copy it to your devices.

It does work on my system, but then my system is so fast that i could probably
run 10 devices paralell

[...]

> > This will eventualy break the poll() on the devices, but i believe you
> > can live without that quite happily. The DVB device buffers at least 300
> > ms worth of data (probably more). Checking the device on negative returns
> > from ProcessBuffer() every 10ms will therefore still be sufficient.
>
> This would mean that the player has to ensure that it always sends an
> entire frame, which I wouldn't want to make a requirement.

Actually that has nothing to do with entire frames. Its just a mechanism to
tell the Player wether it can send new data blocks or not.

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index