[vdr] Re: AW: Perhaps you lost my message...

TYVM, I'll try it :)

Luca

-----Original Message-----
From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Karsten Müller
Sent: martedì 6 agosto 2002 10.36
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: AW: Perhaps you lost my message...

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 10:23, Luca Merega wrote:
> [...]

I definitely think "screen" is your friend. I'm using it for a long time
now and I am absolutely satisfied with it. Maybe you should give it a
try, too :)

- From the screen man page:

Screen  is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes a physical
terminal between several processes (typically interactive shells).  Each
virtual terminal provides the functions of a DEC VT100 terminal and, in
addition, several control functions from the ISO 6429 (ECMA 48, ANSI
X3.64) and ISO 2022 standards (e.g. insert/delete line and support for
multiple character sets). There is a scrollback history buffer for each
virtual terminal and a copy-and-paste mechanism that allows moving text
regions between windows.

In short, you can have multiple virtual terminals on just one
connection.
You can switch between them and even take over a session you started at
home at work. Thats what I do all days :)

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Su www.oliviero.it trovi prodotti naturali per dimagrire senza fatica.
Come l'efficace Lipo Block Set. Scoprilo qui.
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=641&d=6-8

Home | Main Index | Thread Index