[vdr] selecting a channel by service id

Hello,

Has anybody created a patch that will add a configuration directive such
that the channel number is the service id, not the channel row in the
file?

If I have a cron job generating my channels.conf every day and channels
are added or removed, channel #5 might not be #5 any more.

I would also like to be able to press the numbers for a channel number and
go to the channel directly rather than pressing up and down or finding it
via the channels menu.

I will manually configure xml2vdr to generate unique service numbers, but
if I make a mistake I'd like vdr to whine about it.  Assuming the channel
number will be a sequential number just isn't cutting it for me.

thoughts?

_J

Home | Main Index | Thread Index