[vdr] Re: DVD problem: Herr der Ringe

On Thursday 08 August 2002 22:47, Thomas Mohr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> it seems that i face a problem with the "Enya" track on DVD#2 of
> "Herr der Ringe". The screen is garbled with block artefacts and the
> sound is stuttering a lot. CPU is low, DVD drive is in dma mode. Using
> the latest dvdcss and dvdread libraries as suggested by Andreas. Tried
> all old and new DVB drivers. vdr1.04 with AIO-04.07. Yet i did not find
> other tracks with this problem.
>
> Ogle plays the DVD beatifully.

I have seen problems like this mostly on badly muxed DVD's. Some players do
handle certain problems more easily, the dvb cards on the other hand do not
like certain types of pts/scr discontinuties. Playing those dvd with mplayer
will also not show the problem, as mplayer disables hardware a/v syncing.
VDR's dvd implementation on the other hand, depends exclusivly on the dvb's
hard- and firmware to get a/v sync right. This will show badly muxed content
much earlier that other players.

> Any pointers welcome. Is there someone who can confirm this problem?

I was thinking abouth renting the DVD this weekend, i might have a look....

Andreas

--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index