[vdr] Re: nvram-wakeup

I have no experience with VDR setting the system clock or with
nvram-wakeup.

I'm guessing that VDR sets the system time, that is, the OS time. Linux
typically sets the system time from the BIOS RTC clock during boot up,
and sets the BIOS RTC clock from the system time during shutdown. So
after VDR has set the system time, the system time and the BIOS RTC
clock do not match. You can fix this by setting the BIOS RTC clock from
the system time with hwclock before calling nvram-wakeup. Then the BIOS
RTC clock and system time would be in synch again. For example, you
could call hwclock in your VDR-shutdown script.

man hwclock

I guess something like "hwclock --systohc --utc" would do the trick

br, Lauri

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 10:29, Heiko.Paul@gmx.de wrote:
> Can anybody help me.
> I have problems with nvram-wakeup.
> After setting time with vdr (over transponder)
> I got the following message from nvram-wakeup
>
> 	RTC is not synchronously with system time!
> 	RTC isn't running in localtime nor in UTC/GMT time!
>
> My BIOS-Clock has GMT-Time and Linux use TimeZone Europe/Berlin
> System is SuSE 7.3.
>
> Thanx for help
>
> heiko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index