[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.2 available (plugin development)

Am 16.08.2002 20:56 schrieb Dariush Forouher:

> The VDR's osd and input isn't disabled while replaying mplayer, which
> conflicts then with mplayers lirc input functions. And if you exit
> mplayer via mplayer's quit command, then mplayer plugin semms to ignore
> that and you habe to stop Replay by hand in VDR's menu.

I haven't tried the VDR plugin version yet - but if I understood Stefan
correctly ('... all MPlayer patches since ever had this "feature"'),
this also happened with prior versions. I can not confirm this, because
with my LIRC configuration files there are no conflicts at all. I have
even configured the MENU key to toggle between the three MPlayer OSD
modes (none/seek/seek+timer). No VDR menu can be invoked while using
MPplayer, and the BLUE key (and also my STOP key) terminates MPlayer
and you're back in the normal VDR mode immediately. Details on the
LIRC stuff can be found on the site I posted last time:
http://www.tb-electronic.de/vdr/ir_controller.html

With the DVD player it's another story, here I had to use a different
remote 'layer' to assign the keys for a convenient control.

> Another thing: Mplayer seems to be able to display volume and durage
> bars via mpegpes. But it seems to work only with some videos, and at
> least not with the ones created by mencoder. Does anybody knows more
> about this?

Did you include this in the filter pipeline:

-vop lavc=2,expand=-1:576:-1:-1:1

The last entry (1) enables the OSD, by default it's disabled. See
mplayer-xxx/DOCS/tech/vop.txt

(BTW, on my 1.3GHz Celeron -vop fame=98,expand... provides better quality)

It's strange, actually the OSD shouldn't work without this entry, but
before I had this included, the OSD occasionally worked with some videos
here as well ...

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index