[vdr] Re: I have another dream ;-)

Am Mon, 2002-08-19 um 17.16 schrieb Luca Merega:
> Hi all,
> 	my VDR is now working quite perfectly, but I would like another
> couple of features and perhaps someone of you already wrote them.
> My VDR now starts in auto mode when starting my PC.
> I would like to make my PC able to start about 5 mins before the 1st
> timer and shutdown after recording.
> Do you think it is possible?

It's already implemented into VDR. You need nvram to write start-time
into CMOS-clock (only working with some mainboards). You know - RTFM
VDR-INSTALL/MANUAL ;o)

> 2nd question: How to make WOL really working with SuSE 7.3? Anybody
> could do it? I did not find any valid way :(

On the client to be started it's only hardware/BIOS - no OS. You need to
connect a WOL cable from your NIC to your mainboard and enable WOL in
the BIOS. On the other PC you need a tool capable to send a wake-up
frame to your client. I think ASUS had such a Windoze-tool delivered
with NIC-onboard-mainboards. But I don't know other tools.

If someone knows a Linux-tool which creates WOL-frames I also like to
know about it ... :o)

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index