Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[vdr] Re: I have another dream ;-)
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Luca Merega wrote:
> 2nd question: How to make WOL really working with SuSE 7.3?
Wake on Lan depends on no operating system (cause there is none running on
- an ATX power supply with ATX mainboard
- a BIOS capable of WOL
- a network card capable of WOL (most on board won't work)
- a small connector cable from networc card to the appropiate socket on
- the hardware-address of the network card in the computer to wake up
- the tool "etherwake" (or any similar "wake on lan" client, look at
freshmeat.net or google) and root access on the client.
usage: ether-wake ha:rd:wa:re:ad:dr
LinVDR - The Digital Linux Videorecorder http://www.linvdr.org
Main Index |