[vdr] Re: ac3dec-???

Norbert Schmidt wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I tried to get ac3 working using the howto at
> http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/ac3sound.html.
>
> Therefore I have downloaded ac3dec from
> http://www.au.linuxvideo.org/devel/dl.html, but this one
> doesn't seem to be the one Carsten referred to in his
> documentation. In fact I couldn't apply his ac3dec.patch.

I realize that my AC3 howto is hopelessly outdated.  :-(
At the time of writing, all the information was correct -
at least it worked here.

In short, the current status here is: I use SuSE 8.0,
I uninstalled the released ALSA drivers and installed
the beta 10 drivers again, but I use the rest of the
ALSA package as released (alsamixer, etc).
I no longer use ac3dec, but Werner Fink's ac3play.
See his postings (May 2002).

Hopefully, with SuSE 8.1 everything will work with
the stuff that comes with the distribution. If not,
I hope to find the time to write an updated howto.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index