[vdr] Re: Real Live Meeting August 17th (follow up)

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> > whenever a recording or cutting thread is finished... Don't know though
> > if it can be done within a plugin or needs some modification in the core
> > VDR code.
>
> the only problem I see it's the re-encoding or better the conversion
> needed; can mencode take care of it? I don't really think such a feature
> would need any internal modification to vdr.
There is already a solution with calling a script when pressing "1" in the
recording list. It is included in recent AIO patches and currently used to
convert recordings to MPEG1/2 or (S)VCD by generating a list of recordings
and convert them via cron job.

The converter script is available at
  http://linvdr.org/download/vdr-convert/convert-0.1.tar.gz
and is currently a "frontend" to "tosvcd". There will be a more precise
description in the next VDR article in the LinuxUser, currently there is no
more description on the server.

You can easily change the converter called by the script, AFAIK it supplys you
with the directory and the name of the recordings to be convertet

Hope this helps,
  _cooper_
 LinVDR - The Digital Linux Videorecorder               http://www.linvdr.org

Home | Main Index | Thread Index