[vdr] Re: OT: Promise PDC20276 Controller and Linux ?

At 16:43 25.08.2002, you wrote:
>Hi all
As far as I can tell, Highpoint controllers are supported by Linux. I
installed mine yesterdayand I can use the drives connected to the raid
(they are shown as ATA/IDEdrives one by one and as one large '(raid-0)
SCSI-drive
until now, it looks very promsing, despite the fact that a minimum bios
version was needed, which took me rather long to flash and some major
fuck-ups (system freeze etc.

>Perhaps the one or other know my VDR "fuck up" 2 Weeks ago (Mainboard failed).
>
>So i have buyed a new Mainboard: ASUS A7V333 with onboard RAID (Promise)
>I need this because i use 4DVB-S Cardīs and a SCSI-CARD so i have no free
>PCI Slots for a PROMISE UDMA100 Controller.
>
>My old board had a Promise UDMA100 Raid Controller onboard wich works fine
>with my SUSE 7.3 !
>
>Now the new Mainboard have a Promise UDMA133 Controller onbaord with the
>Promise
>Chip: PDC20276.
>
>This Controller is not supported from SUSE 7.3 and also not from SUSE 8.0.
>
>Does anyone have a idea what can i do to use this Controller with my
>Current installation ?
>
>CU
>
>Axel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index