[vdr] Re: ...a really silly question....

Hi,

> morning list ;)....
>
> as you see on the topic... a really silly question ;)
> do i need a second dvb card to use the mplayer patch?

No.

> i ask this because mplayer always said device or resource busy, if i use
> the mplayer patch, and i only have one dvb card.... i controlled the links
> in /dev/ost.... and my dvb card ist really the first dvb card..... does
> someone has an idea?

Do you run mplayer from within VDR (MPlayer menu) or do you run it on console.
In the 2nd case this can't work because VDR uses/locks your DVB card.

> okay besides this problem......
>
> i am now in this list for severall months.... and i am reading often the
> sentence.. adding this new feature and that new feature..... and so on....
>
> but i ask myself why do we not spend more work on making vdr and patches
> more stable instead of adding more or less useful new features?..... a
> really useful feature (until now it solved by more or less working scripts
> but i think it is an important task) would be the possibility to make svcds
> inside vdr, especialy in the vdr recordings menu, with syncing the vdr
> files after you cut out the advertising......., this should be done in a
> way that work for all vdr installations, and work always (i mean it is
> stable) ;)

I think it's more important to make VDR more stable than adding dozends of
features, too. But my VDR box runs very stable so why not adding new features
now ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index