[vdr] Re: Cable Question

Am Freitag, 30. August 2002 15:29 schrieben Sie:
> Hi, everybody!
>
> One question for the electrical engineers:
> I got one dish, one analog receiver and (soon) one DVB-S card in a box.
> I want to be able to use the satelite signal on both without having to
> replug all the time.
>
> Is there any kind of switch for this? Or even better a Y cable to feed
> both?

Well the best solution might be an LNB with 2 or more outputs.
If you don't have that, you can use a simple coaxial relay. Those are
special relays controlled by 12 Volts. You can get those 12 Volts from the
SCART connector of your analog reciever. So when the analog reciever is
turned on, your DVB-card will not get a signal, but when it's turned off,
the signal is sent to the DVB-card. Using both at the same time is
impossible then.

> Sabine

Servus
  Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index