[vdr] Re: Plugins

Sabine Miehlbradt wrote:

> Hi, everybody!
>
> One question about plugins: will they be able to use SVDRP commands?

Not really. SVDRP is designed for the overall control of VDR.
Of course, if your plugin implements, for instance, a player,
you'll be able to control it via HITK commands.

> I got a streaming version I would like to make into a plugin but it
> absolutely needs to be able to be started/stopped/queried via SVDRP.

Wouldn't it be better to transfer the control commands on a separate
connection which your plugin sets up with the client?

Klaus