[vdr] Re: black screen in the morning

Hello everyone,

this happens to me almost every morning after bad weather, I figured out
that it's because of my badly adjustedy antenna (I'm too lazy to adjust
it better, may in some weeks ;))

The problems are the background epg-scans I think. Somehow, after not
getting a signal and retrying (very often), there is just no signal
anymore, but the panic level is not high enough nor is the watchdog
triggered.

When I see "the mess" in the morning, sometimes VDR responds, sometimes
not.
If it does respont, I do a restart, if it does not, I press some keys on
the remote, triggering a watchdog restart (though I do not know why it
works, it works).

Maybe you should adjust your antenna better? Or was the weather very bad
over night?

By the way, is there a way to affect the panic level behaviour without
modifying the sourcecode?

Hope that helps,
Christof

Home | Main Index | Thread Index