[vdr] Re: Suggest to move config/var files

Hi,

> > suggestion that it "should be moved by default". And RTFM
> > could, in your
> > case, also mean read the fine mail to recognize what i wrote.
> >

> calm down
> perhaps i forgot to include a ";)" after my last sentence.
>
> But to be honest i don't see you Problem since you obviously use -c

;-) I forgot it, too.

I´ve no problem because i use -c (but mp3.. need to  be patched because with
-c id3cache exists in /etc/vdr, not what i want). But there are good reasons
to use standards. thats because everybody knows them. What about renaming
init to mom and starting lilo with init=mon ?? It works but nobody would do
it this way. And as it is config files should be in /etc/xxx and variable
stuff lives in /var/xxx . And why not making it that way. And if it is only
for the suse guys who expected everything in /etc/ (what about a yast2
module for vdr??)

regards Martin

  Winning isn't everything - but losing SUCKS!