[vdr] Re: Some questions about plugin-features of vdr-developer...

Sven Karlsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With regards to DiSEqC. What are the reason for not having the handling as a
> plugin? It is only of interest to DVB-s users and it looks like it is rather
> complicated to implement full functionality given all the possible
> combinations of rotors and switches. It looks to me that whatever you do
> there will still exist unhandled special cases which will possibly lead to
> people adding their own patches to vdr.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to keep it in a stand-alone module rather than in the
> main vdr code?

DiSEqC _is_ only of interest for DVB-S cards, and it is a central
part of tuning in case you have a DiSEqC equipment.
I do believe the DiSEqC handling can and should be done by the
cDvbDevice itself. At the moment I see no advantages in handing
this over to a plugin. If you can come up with a _concrete_ scenario
where this would _not_ be possible, please let me know.

Klaus