[vdr] Re: channel xx not synch'ed on DVB card 1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lauri Tischler" <lauri.tischler@efore.fi>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 10:51 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: channel xx not synch'ed on DVB card 1

> Georg Hitsch wrote:
> >
> > With this change vdr will not raise the panic-level on
channel-not-sync -
> > and dont restart, etc.
>
> Ummm..
> What is the reason for restarting the beast if channel is not found ?
> I see no reason to restart in case of bad weather or transponder just
> happens to be down.

Since I've upgraded from VDR 1.0.1 to 1.0.4 I often have the 'channel xx not
sync'd'.
With 1.0.1 that problem didn't exist. I have that problem on two machines,
one with 3 Nova's and a LNB with integrated switch claiming 'channel xx not
sync'd' at about every second or third switch of channel. Tonight and today
(clear sky, no wind, quattro-LNB, 90 cm dish, 9/8 Multiswitch with
integrated ampilifier) my parents VDR also restarted after a 'channel xx not
sync'd'.

I think this isn't really a problem of bad reception as it happens with
nearly all Transponders even at perfect weather but a software-related
problem ...

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index