[vdr] Re: font-patch against AIO0804

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Alessio, Gerald, Klaus, what do you say?
> Should I just forget about the whole thing ("never touch a running system")?

running systems are boring.

You discovered what I was suspecting but I had no time to test. I think
however that changing the setup preferences from lines to pixels is a
bit overkill. For now, font selection is at compile time. It would be
enought to modify the calendar patch so it can accept a variable line
height.

However, I would like some feedback to the new font package I've built:
I think some experiments I've made are really ugly because of the screen
interlacing, but others are really good, and improve readability on the
screen very much.

Please download http://www.manoweb.com/alesan/vdr/fontosd.tar.bz2 and
pick one of the files inside the archive, rename it fontosd.c, place it
on vdr directory, make clean && sh makevdr _*with no FONT= setting*_ (a
vanilla vdr would be fine for this test)

I personally think that using Verdana or a good real Arial for the OSD
is great.

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index