[vdr] Linux - VDR - beginner questions

Hi all,
I am a absolute beginner about Linux and the  VDR.
The reason why I start my interesting in linux is the VDR Project.
So after collecting many infos I will start to build my own VDR.
I will kill my W95 System with PII 233 MHz ( from ALDI ) with onboard
soundcart.
OS will buy Linux Suse 8.x. - OK ?
At first use the IDE - CD-Rom and a SCSI HDD - later integrate a DVD-Rom and
a bigger IDE-HDD.
After my training with Linux and the tools I will buy me a DVB-S Card- but
with one? ( I am confiused aboute FW. Lewel and so on)

So now my few questions.
is the basic Hardware OK ?
Is it possible to "play" with the VDR-Packed without a DVB-S Card?
witch is the preferred dvb-s card with fw-levels

How can I check if my System able to nvram weck up by clock. Mainboard have
lan-wakeup and wackup on ring ( signal on com-port)

Is for the Systemstart a consel a need or is it the possible with the TV-set
as console ( for the final phase I will integrate the LINUX-VDR in my living
room)

Thanks in advanced to all for any hits, links, sw-lib
regards
Stephan
stephan_sem@web.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index