[vdr] Searching help or documentation

Hi

I'm trying to use DVB with linux for the first time and I'm facing a couple
of problems:

I own a Hauppauge WinTV Nova DVB card which should be supported but
unfortunately it's one without a composite video out. Getting the video to
TV shouldn't be the problem once I've got it on my screen since I'm using a
Matrox Marvel G400 which has a very good TV out that should work from linux
too.
Right now I don't know what tools to get the DVB on the screen but I guess it
should at least be possible to record a .mpg and decode it on the fly.
Unfortunately I can't even start vdr or rather - it's a bad idea. Even
compiled with REMOTE=KBD the first thing it does is trying to learn my
remote control thereby freezing my computer...

I think I've build the siemens-dvb correctly. The modules are loadable and
vdr seems to recognize them. Strangely I had to tweak the Makefiles since
the include path to ost was plainly wrong.

Any help or pointers to a FAQ / HOWTO or other documentation would be
welcome.

Bye David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index