[vdr] Re: Question about mplex

On Sunday 15 September 2002 19:27, you wrote:
> MPlayer is one of the few player/encoders which directly can handle the
> PES of VDR ...

Playing them using Xine was no problem and it worked under Win32 too since
there are drivers installed. What I mostly need is a tool that allows me to
cut some frames out and repack it into a DivX to save storage.
Right now I'm using an awkward solution in Win32 - recode the file with Xmpeg
into a DivX .avi with high bitrate, extract the sound to a wav. Recombine
video/sound with VirtualDub (eventually adding a delay to sync them) and
then I reencode this file with VirtualDub again to the desired framerate
thereby cutting out the commercials and applying some filters (deinterlace,
resize).
Not only does this take quite a lot of time - there are also a few files
which Xmpeg can't encode since there seems to be some errors in the
beginning. Playing back works well but transcoding doesn't work (picture
freezes, sounds continues correct).

Bye David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index