[vdr] Re: Using Service Information to control recording (was: new vdr user's questions)

colin wrote:

> I watch mostly the German Astra stuff (ARD, Pro7 etc). My receiver displays
> the name and planned start/end times of the current programme for all of
> these channels.
>
> I assume this is the Service Information mentioned above.

partly true, the keyword is 'planned', it does not mean that the program
will actually start or end at that time.
Thats why in the stream there is statusinfo 'running_status', the recorder
should watch the status and then work accordingly.
This is just teoretical, I dont know the internals of dvb that well.
I dont even know if the running_status is used at all.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index