[vdr] EPG Problem

I have just put a VDR system together here in New Zealand using a Nexus
card and am very pleased with the result. Thanks to all who have
contributed.

Currently I am dual booting between Windows and Linux as I get it set
up. The EPG data displays correctly under Win 98 but when using VDR, the
   Title field displays "Coding according to character table 1" for all
entries. As far as my very limited coding knowledge goes, this message
comes from libdtv. Here is a short section of epg.data:

E 26436 1032607200 3300 50
T Coding according to character table 1
S Mannion and Ella try to save a young boy from his corrupt foster care
father who participates in the system only for money, and Temple ponders
his future with fiancee Giselle.
E 26464 1032610500 4500 50
T Coding according to character table 1
S We count down the Top 12 videos as voted for by the viewer, we play
the new releases of the week, plus videos from bands we think you should
know about. Hosted by Joe Cotton.

Having spent some time looking through the VDR list archive, it seems
EPG compatibility problems are not uncommon so I was wondering if
someone could help pinpoint the problem, as I have contacts with the
broadcaster concerned. This entry is in the log also:
Sep 18 18:06:54 tx vdr[739]: =====================
Sep 18 18:06:54 tx vdr[739]: Fix^IHits^IChannels
Sep 18 18:06:54 tx vdr[739]: 1^I1106^ITV1, TV2
Sep 18 18:06:54 tx vdr[739]: 3^I5277
Sep 18 18:06:54 tx vdr[739]: =====================

Software: vdr 1.0.4 and siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-05-20 both unpatched.

Regards,

Richard Scobie

Home | Main Index | Thread Index