[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] lockups with NEWSTRUCT

oh yeah, a BEAUTIFUL lockup!

When the timer started, it was perfectly synchronized btw, image on the
screen froze, vdr seemed to get really sluggish, then exited with
segmentation fault.

Next, I tried to restart vdr, and then the machine locked up.

_J

In the new year, Jeremy Hall wrote:
> It appears that when I add in the filter for EPG the box locks up after a
> while.  I currently have the TDT and TOT running, although I don't think
> TOT gives me anything.
>
> I'll leave this running tonight, I have to go out, and even have scheduled
> a timer.  We'll see what happens and if the machine is still running when
> I get back.
>
> _J
>
> In the new year, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> > > But unfortunately with this the dropouts are back again. Well, maybe this is
> > > a hint for you, Holger, anyway. It would explain why the problem only occurs
> > > when VDR is running, and not when only the driver is loaded.
> > >
> > > Maybe there's even another problem in the eit.c code, so something would have
> > > to be done differently with the NEWSTRUCT driver. Any hints here would be greatly
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > I will try ensuring nobody can set section filters and see if I still get
> > a hard lockup within 15 or 20 minutes.  I like EPG, so I may try to
> > determine if it is the EPG doing it or time of day or whatever those other
> > ones do.
> >
> > I have ran the NEWSTRUCT displaying channels for hours today (not running
> > vdr) and the machine hasn't locked up.
> >
> > Maybe it's only when there's one filter running it works, or maybe if you
> > have multiple filters going in that poll loop.  If we think it's centred
> > around this section filter stuff I'll dig a little deeper.
> >
> > _J
> >

> --
> I do not get viruses because I do not use MS software.
> If you use Outlook then please do not put my email address in your
> address-book so that WHEN you get a virus it won't use my address in the
> >From field.

From field.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index