[vdr] Re: nice features...

peacemkr@gmx.de wrote:

> I think at the moment nobody is working on a tech-plugin.
> And it depends on Klaus if he wants to add it to VDR.
> I tried to adjust the antenna with that Strength-Bar but I gave it up.
> I changed to an analog-receiver and adjusted the antenna with that one
> because the bar wasnt working.

I don't believe that a digital signal strength indicator really helps
a lot when adjusting a dish. I had the best experiences with one of these
small devices that you loop into the antenna cable, and which give a beeping
sound when a satellite is found. Mine even has a meter that shows the signal
strength.

I'll add functions to the cDevice class that return information like signal
strength etc., but at the moment I'm involved with other things (input interface,
DiSEqC changes).

Klaus