[vdr] Re: Shutdown after recording

Hello Gerald,

solution 2) of your suggestions would be the best and is
already implemented in vdr.

start vdr with option "-r ..../vdrrecord"
the script looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
     before)
            echo "Before recording $2"
            ;;
     after)
            echo "After recording $2, trying to shutdown the
computer!"
	    perl /video0/scripts/svdrpsend.pl hitk power
            ;;
     edited)
            echo "Edited recording $2"
            ;;
     *)
            echo "ERROR: unknown state: $1"
            ;;
     esac
-----------------------------
Look at the line in the block "after". You can simulate that
the power-button is pressed after a record has finished (you
will get the same message on the OSD, if you want to
cancel). Then vdr shuts down in the normal way, calling all
the scripts (e.g. vdrshutdown where you can handle the timer
events with nvram-wakeup). But it is called everytime a
record has been finished (but you have the chance to cancel
it).
Hope this helps.

Gerhard

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:35:30 +0200
 Gerald Stieglbauer <gstiegl@cosy.sbg.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> The normal use of a videorecorder is for recording and
> replaying. If the
> videorecoder is in the recording mode, which is initiated
> through a timer
> event, the recorder is woken up from a standby-mode. Then
> it records the
> broadcast and then it goes back into the standby-mode.
>
> If using a computer with vdr, wake-up from the
> standby-mode is possible
> through writing into the RTC. The information when the
> computer has to boot
> is usually written when the vdr calls the shutdown
> script.
>
> My question is now, which is the best way to put the
> vdr-computer to sleep
> again after a recording session, which is started after a
> RTC wake-up event?
>
> For now I have only found two methods, which are
> unsatisfying for me:
> 1) Vdr shutdown the computer after the
> user-inactivity-time.
>    a) is this time very long, the computer runs the whole
> night, which robs
> my sleep and waste power.
>    b) is this time very short, the computer shuts down
> while cooking a coffee.
> 2) Using the "after recording script" to shutdown the
> computer. But how can I
> get the information for programming the new RTC-timer
> event, if there are
> further timers set?
>
> One suggested solution would be: The recording script
> must return a value on
> which vdr decides to start the usual shutdown procedure.
>
> Maybe there a some other ways, which I cannot see through
> my blindness.
> Please report them to me...
>
> Thx,
> Gerald.