[vdr] Re: Mysterious Crash

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I am having the following problem:
>
> I am running a combined router/server/vdr box in my living room, so I
> don't need any shutdown etc. VDR is also running all the time, and
> there is the problem. I have put Max User Inactivity to 0 but after 5, 6
> hours without being touched the screen turns black and vdr disappears.
> I'd love to send you some log files but there is none. The last log entry
> says that I switched some channel, that was when I was at home.
> The next log entry says that vdr starts up when I am back at home
> and restart.  Between that there are neither log entries from the driver
> nor from vdr. It seems it just disappears. That's with 1.1.10. The
> good old 1.0.4 does the same but switches through some random
> channels before disappearing (5, 26, 199, 248, gone)
>
> ANY ideas how to approach that problem??!

What you are observing is teh EPG scan, which kicks in after 5 hours by
default. In 1.0.4 the scan actually tuned to channels, while 1.1.10
just tunes to the transponder, without setting the PIDs.

The last channel you viewed should be restored automatically once
you press any button on your remote control.

Klaus