[vdr] DVB-C, digital signal in cable?

Hallo,

because of working in a different company i had to switch my village and flat...

Unfortunately i could'nt know that a damn edge of the roof is in the way of the
satelite and there were not much coices for different flats..

Anyway - can someone tell me how to find out if there are digital channels in
the house-cable without actually buying a DVB-C?
I don't need any encrypted channels, just the free ones on Astra are enough...

I think i do now need not internet via satelite but satelite via internet ;-(
If it comes that i can't use'em anymore 2 dvb-s cards are eventually to sell.
Or i call Astra to put the sat at 18 degrees west instead ;-))