[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

> > > I don't know if we need separate LOFs for each combination.
> > > When I called Technisat because of the DisiCon-LNB I was told a receiver
> > > would need a Diseq-menue to define a seperate LOF for any receiver.
> > > I'll send an email to Technisat and ask for further information ...
> >
> > If you have only one cable and want to connect several receivers to it,
> none
> > of these receivers can be allowed to set the hi/low frequency or the
> hor/ver
> > voltage control. Therefore these four bands will need to be placed into
> > separate frequency ranges, which means that we will need a separate LOF
> for
> > each of them - unless I'm totally misunderstanding the whole idea.
> >

> Unfortunately I only got this answer from Technisat:
>
> "Unsere Disicon -Lösung arbeitet insgesammt mit 3 verschiedenen LOF auf den
> Ebenen.Über die Diseqc Funktion werden
>
> einfach zwei weitere Satelliten mit den beiden zusätzlichen LOF angelegt. Es
> genügt also eine DVB Karte.
>
> Weitere Fragen bitte über unsere Hotline unter 0190/151576 (0,62€/min)"
>
> Translation to english:
>
> "Our Disicon-solution all in all works with 3 different LOF on the levels.
> By the Diseqc-function two satellites with the two additional LOF are simply
> added. So one DVB-card suffices.
>
> Further questions at our hotline at 0190/151576 (0,62€/min), please."
>

> As I didn't dive into Diseqc, really, I'm not clear how it really works.
> Maybe someone with more knowledge may enlighten me ... ;o)

AFAIU the technisat-website, the disicon-lnb just transmit all 4 bands (low+high,h+v)
at a time over the cable, so for selecting one band you use different frequency-
ranges and therefore different LOF-bases. The only problem with dvb-s-cards might
be this LOFs ... I don't know if a dvbs supports tuning to any frequency ?
For a full-disicon-support in vdr you have to remind that there aren't any switching-
options (voltage, tone, diseqc) needed, just select the right LOF for tuning ....

best regards,
reiner