[vdr] DVB-t - vdr not correctly passing parameters?

UK DVB-t is now being broadcast by some transmitters using two different
sets of QAM and code-rate parameters, 16 3/4 and 64 2/3.

Turned my aerial around today to point to one of these and dvbtune gave me
around 20 extra, mostly empty, channels - signal is poor ATM, but usable.

After a lot of button pressing channels.conf modified OK.

However, vdr doesn't seem to be switching correctly between the two sets
of channels eg. if I'm watching a channel with C23D0M64B8T2G32Y0
parameters and change to a channel using these same parameters, the
channel comes up OK, if I switch to any channel with C34D0M16B8T2G32Y0
parameters I get nothing and vice versa.

If I manually run dvbstream -qam 16 -cr 3_4 etc | mplayer -  on an
unavalaible channel I can then reload vdr and tune to the previously
unavailable channels, but not the others - I have to run dvbstream -qam 64
-cr 2_3 etc again on another channnel to do that.

Mm... hope that's not too confusing.

At first glance this would seem that maybe vdr isn't passing all
parameters to the driver on channel change.

Anyone else seeing this? Meantime I suppose I'd better try looking at the
code :-\

Andy

--
A. Top posters.