Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[vdr] Re: Allwell STB... too slow (with pics)
- To: "vdr" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [vdr] Re: Allwell STB... too slow (with pics)
- From: "Andreas Mixich" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:57:08 +0100
- Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
- In-reply-to: <000001c26284$698b7ef0$ca1ea8c0@lmehome>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: PINT/2.8 (2.5.2001)
Luca Merega wrote in a Mail about "[vdr] Allwell STB... too slow (with
> The problem is that the CPU is too slow :(
> Even with a very light SuSE 7.3, the 233 Mhz Cyrix is really slow.
> I overclocked it to 300 Mhz, but it's not enough.
Allwell sells an option for their boxes. A PCI riser card, that has an
integrated MPEG2 deocder chip. They are working on a Sigma Designs MPEG4
decoder, also in-place on the riser card.
The only problem I see could be the drivers being closed, though I don't
think this would smaller useage of them in any way.
Good bye, Andreas
Mandrake Linux 8.2, Athlon1.2GHz, MSI K7T266Pro, 512MB DDR-RAM, MSI StarForce64Pro (GeForce2PRO), Hercules GameTheater XP, D-Link530DX, Hauppauge WinTV-s rev2.1,IWill SIDE2930C
To unsubscribe send a mail to email@example.com with "unsubscribe vdr" as subject.
Main Index |