[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.13

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:21:14PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I agree that it's not correct, but since g++ didn't bother at all so far
> (and the one I currently use still doesn't), I find it a little hard that

You may want to add the parameter --pedantic to catch such errors as
warnings with your gcc.  You may even turn them into real errors with
--pedantic-errors.

> this has been made right to an _error_. It wouldn't have made any difference

Yes, if you didn't use --pedantic before, this interrupt was a bit
hard.

> if it had been made a warning - except that it would still have compiled...

You know that good old Unix hackers joke:

"There is a bunch of warnings when compiling that tool.  How can I fix
them?"

"2> /dev/null"

;-)

> Anyway, I've fixed it for the next release.

I still recommend to add --pedantic-errors for testing.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --