[vdr] Re: Why Hauppauge say PIII 500 Mhz requiered with Nexus and nova cards ???

On Monday 14 October 2002 11:53, Christof Soehngen wrote:

> > what's the diffrence between the nova and the Nexus ?
>
> I'm not 100% sure, but the Nova is a budget card, that means, no MPEG
> Decoder, so you can't build a complete system. You may use it to
> enhance a Nexus for example to view another channel on another
> transponder while recording.

Hi ! I am new to the list.  I just bought a Nexus and installed VDR (the
menu works) but have not yet installed a dish neither any experience with
satellite dishes  (It is very difficult to get a clear view to the south)
If you add a second (lowbudget) card, how do you connect them to the LNB ?
Do you need a splitter or T-connector, or a Twin LNB, or a pass-through
connection, or what ?

Another question, do most of you use an adapter for the CI cards, and how
is it supported (if at all) ? Or do you only watch free-to-air channels ?
I am no linux newbie, but I am a satellite-newbie...

Last Q:  I remarked to my amazement that the included remote control
Hauppauge sells with the Nexus uses the *exact* same codes as my Philips
television. Thus I cannot use that remote. I thought there were so many
codes that such 'clashes' almost never happened. Oh well...
Anyone else has had this ? ( of course this is just a Hauppauge / Philips
problem, not VDR related at all)

TIA...
Maarten

--
This statement is either false or a paradox.