[vdr] Re: slightly OT: DVD-reader and DVD-writer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Axel Gruber" <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 8:34 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: slightly OT: DVD-reader and DVD-writer

> > I have one but I'd like to thrash it ... :o(
> Yes  - I have no Problems with it !!!!
> What kind of Problems do you have ?
>
> Do you use it with linux or WIN ?

Linux!!!

It's only mdma2, it doesn't support packet-writing (they just dropped
elementary functions in firmware every cheap CD-burner has) and their newer
firmware only allows PIONEER DVD-R/W at double-speed. Others are limited to
single-speed and you can't downgrade the firmware if you have flashed 1.8x!

A lot of people have crashed spinning-devices - no money from PIONEER after
guarantee is over!

I think 489,- EURO was very expensive for that BUG!

The A04 is nothing new, but only a bugfix-release!