[vdr] Re: Mini-ITX processors and DiVX -> MPEG?

Hi,

> Can someone tell me what these Mini-ITX motherboard/processor combos
> are like in terms of raw CPU power?  Specifically, I want a fanless
> system to stick under the telly in my lounge room.  Will it have
> enough power to decode DiVX and re-encode to my dxr3 card (or DVB card
> if I end up buying one)?

My C3-800 is about 50-60% the speed of my Duron-700... so I gues no
chance to do DivX->Mpeg2 with this CPU.

It takes 4-5 hours to encode one Biene-Maja-film (24 minutes) to SVCD
(but with high quality settings...) -- the Duron-700 does this in 2-3 hours.

Bye.