[vdr] Re: black screen, no audio, but OSD still working aftercouple of hours]

Mortimer Griepentrog wrote:

> >>I set up vdr 1.0.4 and it works fine. But still there is one
> >>problem.
> >>After a few hours of no user-activity the vdr starts an EPG-scan
> >>which is observable on the TV-screen. It seems to do it endless
> >>(At least I observed six scans before I gave up and pressed a
> >>button. I got back picture and audio on my
> >>switched channel.) During the night though (or another time with
> >>no user-action) when I am not there to press a button the screen
> >>goes black and audio is gone.
> >>In the morning when I press the menu-button on the
> >>remote-control the /var/log/messages shows "switching to channel
> >>x".
> >>While x is the last channel I tuned in. On the TV-screen I can
> >>see the OSD-menu. But nothing else appears. No picture, no
> >>audio, only OSD-menu.
> >>Anyone out there with a solution of this problem?
> >

> > What happens if you manually switch channels in such a case?
> > Does it work, or are you generally unable to switch channels
> > in such a situation?
>
> When the screen is black and the audio is gone I can switch channels
> with the remote control but the only thing I can see then on the
> tv-screen is the channel number AND the epg-information but no video and
> audio.
>
> In the meantime I had the chance to observ how the screen gets black
> during EPG-scan. First there are some mpeg-artefacts on a channel. They
> get more while tuning during epg-scan and the picture stops, vdr has
> problems to show the picture, audio still there. Then suddenly the
> picture gets black and audio is gone. This procedure takes hours to be
> observed: Another time I watched it for two hours and nothing happend.
> The time I saw it the EPG-scan was running for about 4 hours.

This may be the driver's problems with doing lots of channels switching.
Please try if this also happens with version 1.1.13. Here only the transponders
are tuned to in the EPG scan, but the PIDs are not set. Maybe this helps.

Klaus