[vdr] OT: Help with MPlayer aspect ratio?

Hello there,

I have a problem concerning MPlayer-output. Forgive me if it's too
offtopic, but maybe some other VDR-user has already a solution:

I want to play divx files via Mplayer, but the aspect ratio differs from
file to file, most were refused by mplayer. So i set the scale=352:288
parameter. Now I can view most files, but the aspect ratio is not
correct (logically). (For example I tried to compress a recorded movie
to divx while removing the black border.)

Does anyone have an idea how I can manage Mplayer settings to display a
movie in correct aspect ratio but still in a correct size so that
Mplayer doesn't refuse to play it?

Thanks in advance, Christof