[vdr] Re: PLEASE HELP (was: LCDproc Plugin Settings error (??!) )

At Monday 21 October 2002 19:14 Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> I had similar problems with the AIO 17.10. If I tried to access
> any menu (w or w/o Plugins) VDR froze and returned to the
> console with a seg fault. I reinstalled VDR 1.1.13 (didn't even
> try to unpatch) . Now everything is working again:
> You may want to try a true vanilla VDR (w/o patches, plugins
> ,etc). Maybe the unpatch doesn't unpatch everything. Did you
> try VDR with a cool system? Maybe it`s a heating problem.

Only the Setup Menu here.
Yes I have done that - everything works again.
Thanks to your tip, I think I've isolated the problem to one of the
MiniAIO-Switches
COLOR, CB, ICT
that means, if compiling with those 3 ON, I get those segfaults,
a vanilla vdr with MiniAIO-17.10 with those switches OFF works
fine.

> The kernel segfault sounds a bit more serious. I've never had
> that, but I'm not using a C3 processor, so I don't know how stable
> this kernel is.

That's another thing - as I said, it's not the memory. When I used that
system with a kernel compiled on an Athlon machine (a long time ago),
nothing worked at all, didn't even boot.
Maybe I should try recompiling the kernel for i486 or Pentium?

> Sorry for not being able to help more

That already was good help, thank you !;)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt