[vdr] Re: channels.conf for new BBC services

On Monday 21 October 2002 23:17, you wrote:
> The BBC has brought online some new services, and now I can't even
> pickup the old BBC channels from the Sandy Heath transmitter using a
> Hauppauge Nova-T and VDR (with a DVB-S being used for output).

The BBC Mux (Mux 1) and the old "ITV Digital" Muxes (Muxes B, C and D) are
now all broadcasting using QAM 16 and FEC 3/4.

The "Digital 3&4" Mux (ITV/ITV2/C4) and the "SDN" Mux (Channel 5, QVC etc)
are still using the old parameters of QAM 64 and FEC 2/3.

Therefore, you should add options to dvbtune in your scanning script to try
for QAM 16 (-qam 16) and FEC 3/4 (-cr 3_4) (make sure you are using a recent
CVS version of dvbtune).

You should also not use the "-x" option to dvbtune - it is for scanning the
network information and doesn't work with DVB-T broadcasts (yet).

The links from http://www.linuxstb.org/dvb-t/ should also give you the exact
frequencies (including offsets) for your local transmitter.

Dave.