[vdr] EPG Max Length

Hi,

I know this kind of touches on earlier mailing list topics, but I thought I'd
ask anyway :-)

Is there a maximum length for EPG entries, in particular the subtitle field?
The cable network here stuffs all information in the subtitle field (the
episode name, as well as the description), causing many of them to show up
truncated (usually capped at 242 or so chars).

Is there a way to retrieve the entire length, should this be done in VDR, in
the DVB drivers, or is there no way (i.e. there isn't actually anything more
sent over the DVB stream).

Cheers,
Dennis