[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

Am Mon, 2002-10-28 um 20.09 schrieb Martin Hoffmann:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment i consider writing a complete new version (2.0) of my vdr2divx
> scripts, maybe in c++.
If you use c++ ore a similar language, the program has to be much more
flexible than the current one, since on-the-fly changes wouldn't be
possible anymore. (Especially for people who don't understand c++ ;)

> implement new features.... So if you ever had ideas for new features, but
> were afraid to ask, it's the right time *NOW* ;-)
- I'd really like to break a proceess now and continue it later. IMHO
mencoder doesn't support this at the moment, but skipping pass 1 or 2
would save much time.
- What about displaying the current status of vdr2divx via vdr plugin?
For example:
"movie 1: in progress, 20% done"
"movie 2: on queue"
- And last but not least defining special options for a specific movie
without starting 2divx manually (like AC3 on/off or vbitrt), perhaps via
osd too?

ciao
Dariush
--