[vdr] Joining .vdr files?

I've got two recording that I'd like to "merge" into one. I thought it
would be so simple as to put them in a new directory (as 001.vdr and
002.vdr) and running the 'genindex' program that I found in this
newsgroup (a fixed version, I think).

The index was generated, but it's not 100% working - during
picture-search operations the screen stays still, and when I play the
resulting recording, the picture stays still when the end of the first
file is reached.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,

Matt