[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

Martin Hoffmann wrote:

> Thanks for those many answers :-)
>
> So here are my thoughts summarizing a little bit:
>
> Yes, i want to use c++, because i'm just in the learning
> process of c++ and
> this project gives me the chance to relly learn c++ - sounds
> funny, but as i
> started vdr2divx project i had nearly no knowledge about bash
> scripting and
> now i know quite well. Since i'm just learning c++ (self
> study guide) this
> practical thing really helps me ... :-)
> The disadvantage of needing to recompile everything for
> changes and the more
> complex structure for people not knowing c++ ist there of
> course, but i think
> everyone able to change the "/usr/local/bin/mencoder Bla bal
> bla" line in a
> shell / perl script is able to change those syntax things in
> a c source
> aswell - and i guess those are the only things that change
> (mencoder option
> -a is now named -b ;-) Besides AFAIK there are alot of you
> out there using
> vdr and vdr2divx who have good c knowledge aswell ...

Hi,

since you are allredy in the process of learning ;) you should consider
using autoconf/automake for your project, so pepole won't have to change
anything in the source but rather do something like:
"./configure --with-mencoder-path=/bin/blah/blah --with-someth.-else
make
make install"

just my 0,02 ˆ

Cu Ulrich