[vdr] Re: Mandrake 9.0 Kernel

Hi Steffen,

I've tried serveral dvb driver and nearly all version off vdr. The basic
problem is that all the time I try to insmod dvb driver modules from a
foreign source I got many unresolved symbols. When I use the driver
modules which comes with the Mandrake distribution. The driver is loades
perfectly, but vdr can't use it.

Lirc does work. I use the lirc packages which comes with Mandrake. First
I tried to compile lirc-0.6.6. But this doesn't work.Also unresolved
symbols. It seems that the precompiled kernel is so different from the
original kernel.

I prefere using the stable vdr 1.04. But I will also try the latest
1.1.14.

Greetings,
Marco

Am Mit, 2002-10-30 um 20.28 schrieb Steffen Barszus:
> On Thursday 31 October 2002 15:11, you wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > with the Kernel from the Mandrake 9.0 distribution it is impossible to
> > load dvb driver modules which have been compiled extra. But when I use
> > the latest kernel 2.4.20-rc1 than it is again possible. I can nearly
> > compile every DVB Driver and also VDR. But still my tv is black.
> > VDR does not recognise lirc controlling commands. Irw shows that lirc is
> > running proper.
> >
> > Does anybody has a working setup for the Mandrake 9.0 Kernel ?
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Marco Hentschel
>

> Which vdr-version and which dvb-driver version ? I have here a Mdk 9.0 with
> 2.4.19-16 and all works fine. Maybe the wrong sources for the right kernel ?
> Lirc works on my vdr 1.1.14 without problems , on 1.04 I had problems since i
> did not recognize that I have to give names in lirc after the wishes of vdr.
>
> Greets
>
> Steffen
>

> --
> Info:

                                Hentschel IT - Your Linux Partner
                                        http://www.hentschelit.de

Marco Hentschel					Flandernstrass 13
IT Consultant                                     73732 Esslingen

Mail: marco_hentschel@hentschelit.de       Tel. +49 711 300 17 34
Mobil: +49 175 606 34 58                   Fax  +49 711 300 17 35