[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

[...]
> > For 16:9 this is already done in the vdr2divx scripts !
> > Now tell me how this can be achieved for 4:3 streams ?
> > In case we have a 4:3 stream with 480x576 resolution: Should we scale up

> > 784x576 ? Producing lot's of redundant information and giving the codec
>
> too
>
> > much data for the given bitrate !? Or should we scale down to 480x360
>
> (also
>
> > 4:3) and loose lots of details !??
> > I prefer to keep the resolution of 480x576 and have the DVBs card rescale
>
> by
>
> > replaying - thus keeping the original quality !
> > However i understand that if you target on PC replay the scaling to
>
> 480x360 is
>
> > an option - so i will add this aswell, later on !
> >
> > The main problem is the good (?) old (!) AVI format which has no field
> > for aspect ratio !
>
> Mencoder can produce OggVorbis, I don't know, but maybe there is a
> aspect-ratio.
> Could you live with an additional OggVorbis-option?
>
> Rene
Ehm - no problem for addition option - but i don't this mencoder can produce
OGM (yet) and that is what we would need - oggVorbis is just an audio format
! OGM is the container to contain video, which could carry the aspect - but
in fact doesnt if i remember right !
Where did you get the info that mencoder supports ogg ? Which commandline
option !?

Martin