[vdr] SS50 - vdr1.1.14 ARM-crashGreeting

Hallo together,
I am trying to run vdr 1.1.14 witch DVB 23.06-patch on a Shuttle Spacewalker SS50 (Siemens DVB-S Rev. 1.3, Celeron 1700, Seagate ST380021A, 256 MB DDR 2.5) and Suse 7.3 Profeesional (I think it is a kernel 2.4.10).
I have installed the DVB driver and i can see ntv on my tv. Compile vdr 1.1.14 with REMOTE=KBD is OK.
But when i start vdr var/log/message says that vdr tries to learn keys.conf (something like that - dont know the exact words) and then i get a - kernel: dvb0 ARM crashed - message. BTW - what does ARM mean?
The DVB is still running (I can see the picture on screen), but i cannot see anything of vdr on the tv screen.
I think it is not a problem with heat - because this also happens when I start the PC and the tuner etc. are cold.

Could it be a problem witch the SiS 650 or 961 chip and the kernel 2.4.10? Do I have to upgrade to 2.4.19? Where can I get the new kernel an how to install?
Is there anybody out there who can help me?
Greetings
Sven Soltau