[vdr] Re: Mandrake 9.0 Kernel

On Friday 01 November 2002 09:45, you wrote:
> Ok I found the big mistery !!!!
>
> Everything is fine with Mandrake 9.0 except that the precompiled Kernel
> and the Kernel Sources are different.

So you have to install the sources approriate to the kernel, no mistery ...
maybe a make oldconfig would help too, but have never need it.

> I compiled a new Kernel with the Mandrake Kernel Sources. With the
> original .config file. After I started the custom Kernel, everything was
> fine. No more unresolved symbols. The driver are loaded very quick, also
> unloading ist less than one second.

Fine ....

> You can use the lirc modules which have been added to the kernel by the
> Mandrake distribution. The config file for lirc is /etc/sysconfig/lircd.
> For my serial port ir here my config file:
>
> [/etc/sysconfig/lircd]
>
> # Customized setings for lirc daemon
>
> # The hardware driver to use, run lircd --driver=? for a list
>
> #DRIVER=default
> CONFIG=/etc/lircd.conf
> # Hardware driver module to load
> HWMOD=lirc_serial
>
> # The device node that communicates with the IR device.
>
> # with devfs enabled
> DEVICE=/dev/lirc/serial
>
> # without devfs
> #DEVICE=/dev/lirc
>
> # Serial port for the receiver (for serial driver)
> # COM1 (/dev/ttyS0)
> COM_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
> DRIVER_OPTS="irq=4 io=0x3f8"

Same here, but there are some glitches in the Mandrake init-script for lirc.
The init-script assumes the modules in the wrong place, have file a bugreport
to expert and cooker list.

> Than lirc should work also for you. My lirc remote config is in the
> /etc/lircd.conf . You have to add this file as a commandline option into
> the lirc init script.
>
> After I installed the gcc 2.96 I could compile vdr.

No need for that if you use the developer-version. vdr-1.1.14 compiles fine
here.