[vdr] AW: AW: Problems using one DVB-S and one NOVA-S in one computer ?

Hallo,

thanks for answering :)

> >> If I want to use a NOVA-S as Secondary - do i need an NOVA-S
> >> _CI_ if I want
> >> to recive PW.
> >> Or how can I do that ?
> >> As far as I read the CI must bee on the last card
>
> no, AFAIK the CI can be on every card but in your case the CI has to be on
> the first card (full DVB-s) and if you record a crypted channel you canīt
> watch a FTA in transfer mode

OK. What does the Nova Card the do :

Will it record FTA ? and can I then watch PW at the same time ?

Can it scan the EPG on all channels to keep EPG up-to-date ? If yes do I
need to configure that specially ?

If I am watching TV and not recording will the NOVA then get the Stream an
pas it to the DVB-S for output ?

Are there other benefits ?

What benefits do I have if I get an DVB-S instead ?

If I use an full featured Card als second then I have understood that i put
the CA on the Second Card. This means that I still can not record and Watch
different PW programs (exept if they are on the same stream - but that is
also possible with 1 card). So what does it bring me which I dont get with a
NOVA ?

What benefit do I have from 3 cards like Klaus has got ?

> >> And the NOVA-S can not
> >> bee used as Primary - ist that right ?
>
> yes and no, the NOVA has no OSD and MPEG2 decoding capabilities, so it
> will be difficult to "see" something but it should be possible to program
> timers and control it via vdradmin or telnet, the NOVA-CI is not supported
> (complete different way how the CI is implemented on the card)
> with the new 1.1.x version of vdr it is possible to use a DXR3 (Sigma
> Design EM8400 based card) as replay/output device with OSD capabilities
> (beta)

OK so if I want to go the easy way I will use an DVB-S as Primary ;)

Greetings
Christian